Thursday 14 February 2013

Four.


I think this is the first photo of us together. Drunk at a wedding, June 2009.

Four years ago today: flapjack, red wine and the most awkward first kiss. A good friend advised me not to be put off by a bad first kiss, and what relief that I listened to her advice. Four years on and we've bought our wedding rings, booked our honeymoon, started thinking about our vows. My last Valentine's Day as a single woman, our last anniversary as a fanciful young couple. There's never been any doubt about a future spent together but now it's completely real and more exciting than I thought it could be. The promise of lifelong friendship, the hope of endless romance, the security of being part of something bigger than I am.

We're spending our four year anniversary tucked away at home, with sticky toffee pudding and maybe even this BBC Four documentary. Life being as it is at the moment, with the rushing and the planning and preparing, there is nothing I want more than to curl up in my pyjamas with my husband-to-be and a bowl of pudding. To me that is home at its finest.

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary.
    Hope you enjoy the pudding, sounds like a good plan for celebration to me.
    Love the new clean, crisp look.
    Honeymoon booked, I'm excited to here that!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete